In Iran we have 3 operators that provide communication services.
- Hamrahe Aval (IR-MCI) [Turquoise]
- MTN Irancell [Yellow]
- Rightel [Violet]
I recommend you use Irancell because it’s cheaper, easier to use and also have good prices for Prepaid Sim Cards.
Official places to buying your SIM card
- Imam Khomeini International airport – Open 24/7
- Imam Khomeini Metro Station (inside city) – Open Sat to Tue, 8 AM to 4 PM [Location]
- Parsian Evin Hotel (inside city) – Open every day 8 AM to 9 PM [Location]
Please don’t buy any Simcard without registration. Unofficial stores call them ready to use sim card.
Do I need to bring my passport ?
- To use this SIM card you need to register first. Registration can be done by passport ID number.
- you will have to wait between 24 and 48 hours (some times 6 hours) to get the card activated.
Prices and Packs ( Nov 2017)
The internet have good speed to use Whatsapp, Telegram or Instagram. And it’s easy to have video call via Whatsapp or Skype. Irancell costumer service number is 700 from Irancell operator.
Also you can check out experience of Jordi